Questions about our products or delivery? Need a quote? Let us know!
Chikato Bros. has Dry Ice in stock for your immediate requirements. Power outage or refrigeration system down? We can deliver Dry Ice from 100 pounds to 10,000 pounds usually in 90 minutes or less, 24 hours per day.
Dry Ice Pricing and Delivery
The delivered cost of Dry Ice is $2.65 per pound at our 100 pound minimum. A $45 delivery charge applies, and some distant locations are subject to a zone charge of $14 to $98. After-hours deliveries are subject to additional delivery charges. All Dry Ice orders are subject to a 30% cancellation fee once the order is dispatched. Don’t know how much Dry Ice you need? Call us, we’ll help!
Dry Ice for Pickup
Need a small quantity for shipping perishables, a camping trip, or to make Halloween fog? Visit our Public ice dock in Commerce. Dry Ice is only $2.92 per pound with a 5 pound minimum. No need to place an order, just stop by our public ice dock!
Dry Ice Info
Dry Ice is frozen carbon dioxide, with a temperature of minus 109 degrees Fahrenheit. It is an excellent refrigerant, but it evaporates quickly, so buy it as close as possible to the time you will need it. The best place to store dry ice is in an insulated ice chest. Even when stored properly, 30-50% of the dry ice will evaporate every 24 hours.
- Shipping perishables in a small insulated container requires 5-10 lbs. for 18-24 hours.
- Restaurants use 100 to 500 lbs. for temporary power failures.
- Supermarkets use 1500 to 3000 lbs. for temporary power failures.
- For “Halloween Fog” use 1-2 lbs every 10-15 minutes in a bowl of hot water.
- DO NOT store dry ice in a sealed container. The pressure will build up in the container until it bursts.
- DO NOT touch dry ice with your skin. Dry ice can cause severe burns.
- DO NOT taste or put dry ice in your mouth.
- DO NOT lay down, or place small children or pets in dry ice “fog”.
- Dry Ice produces carbon dioxide gas. Too much carbon dioxide gas can cause suffocation. If you are traveling with dry ice in your car, or are in a small room, open a window. Leave the area immediately if you start to have difficulty breathing or feel light-headed.
Call (323) 869-0011, 24 hours 7 days a week!